By Ashim Mitra, Chi H. Lee, Kun Cheng
Provides either basics and new and rising applications
Advanced Drug Delivery brings readers totally brand new with the kingdom of the technological know-how, featuring the fundamentals, formula recommendations, and healing purposes of complicated drug supply. The ebook demonstrates how middle strategies of pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, and molecular biology will be mixed and utilized so as to spark novel principles to layout and enhance complex drug supply platforms for the therapy of a large diversity of human diseases.
Advanced Drug Delivery good points contributions from a world crew of pharmaceutical scientists. Chapters replicate a radical overview and research of the literature in addition to the authors' firsthand event constructing drug supply structures. The booklet is split into 4 parts:
- Part I, creation and fundamentals of complicated Drug Delivery, explores physiological obstacles, balance, transporters, and biomaterials in drug delivery
- Part II, techniques for complex Drug Delivery, deals proven and confirmed innovations for complex supply of either small molecules and macromolecules
- Part III, Translational study of complex Drug Delivery, makes a speciality of regulatory issues and translational functions of complicated drug supply platforms for the therapy of cardiovascular illnesses, melanoma, sexually transmitted illnesses, ophthalmic ailments, and mind diseases
- Part IV, destiny purposes of complicated Drug supply in rising examine Areas, examines stem cellphone examine, cell-based therapeutics, tissue engineering, and molecular imaging
Each bankruptcy offers targets and review inquiries to support readers seize key ideas and determine their wisdom as they development throughout the book.
Advanced Drug Delivery is suggested for graduates and upper-level undergraduates within the pharmaceutical sciences who desire a reliable starting place within the fundamentals. it's also prompt for pharmaceutical pros who are looking to reap the benefits of new and rising purposes in complex drug supply systems.
Read or Download Advanced Drug Delivery PDF
Similar pharmacy books
Thoroughly revised and up-to-date, this is often the 7th variation of Levine's vintage pharmacology textbook. recognized for it is thorough assurance and clever association, the booklet covers the fundamental rules of pharmacological interactions at the human physique in a manner that's valuable for either undergraduate and graduate scholars.
Reliable isotope options supply merits in protection, sensitivity, specificity, and economic system for plenty of kinds of pharmaceutical investigations in comparison to traditional recommendations. however, pharmaceutical researchers are sluggish to embody sturdy isotope concepts. This ebook assembles in a single position finished stories of the various functions of strong isotopes and the heritage fabric essential to comprehend the appliance.
Pharmaceutics is among the such a lot varied topic parts in all of pharmaceutical technology. briefly, it truly is inquisitive about the medical and technological elements of the layout and manufacture of dosage types or medications. An realizing of pharmaceutics is for that reason important for all pharmacists and people pharmaceutical scientists who're concerned with changing a drug or a possible drug right into a medication that may be brought appropriately, successfully and comfortably to the sufferer.
This quantity covers the ideas important for a profitable fragment-based drug layout venture, starting from defining the matter by way of getting ready the protein version, determining capability binding websites, and the honour of assorted candidate fragments for simulation. the second one half discusses the technical points that quite a few equipment have used to simulate fragment binding to a objective protein by utilizing Monte Carlo, molecular dynamics, and docking algorithms.
- Pharmaceutical experimental design
- Approaching China's Pharmaceutical Market: A Fundamental Guide to Clinical Drug Development
- Essential Practical Prescribing
- The handbook of medicinal chemistry : principles and practice
Additional resources for Advanced Drug Delivery
X. (2009). Mechanistic approaches to predicting oral drug absorption. Journal of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 11, 217–224. 4. L. Principles of Biochemistry, Worth, New York, NY, 1993. 5. G. Z. ), Pharmacology of Intestinal Permeability I, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1984, pp. 1–50. 6. W. , Year Book Medical, Chicago, IL, 1982. 7. C. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 1981. 8. G. Laboratory Manual for Anatomy & Physiology. , Pearson Education, San Francisco, CA, 2010, p. 659.
23. F. (1978). The influence of posture on paracetamol absorption. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 5, 348–349. 24. F. (1977). Prolongation of gastric emptying by oral propantheline. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, Therapy and Toxicology, 22, 206–210. 25. Nimmo, J. (1973). The influence of metoclopramide on drug absorption. Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, 49, 25–28. 26. S. (1966). A review of the physiology of the gastrointestinal tract in relation to radiation doses of radioactive materials.
19. , et al. (1975). Direct measurement by pH-microelectrode of the pH microclimate in rat proximal jejunum. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London—Series B: Biological Sciences, 192, 39–48. 20. , et al. (1978). Bioavailability of erythromycin stearate: Influence of food and fluid volume. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 67, 764–766. 21. C. Biopharmaceutics, Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology, Informa Healthcare USA, New York, NY, 2007, pp. 208–227. 22. R. (1959). The formulation and evaluation of enteric-coated aspirin tablets.
Advanced Drug Delivery by Ashim Mitra, Chi H. Lee, Kun Cheng